Casa Monica aka Cordova Hotel
Adjacent to the Ponce de Leon Hotel, the Casa Monica also opened in 1888 and was purchased the next year by Flagler, who renamed it the Cordova Hotel. Later the hotel was extensively renovated and reopened in 1997, being renamed Casa Monica in 1999. Enjoying a AAA 4 Diamond rating, it is the only one of Flagler's original facilities still operating as a hotel It is seen here in an 1891 photo. In his 70s and with some extra time on his hands, Henry Flager went on to build a railroad all the way to Key West.