Tybee Lighthouse is located at the mouth of the Savannah River in Georgia where the river meets the Atlantic. It is 1 0f 7 colonial lighthouses still standing. Beginning in 1726 there have been 4 lighthouses on the site, the current one having been built in 1773. It was heavily damaged by the Confederates in 1862 and then rebuilt using the first 60 feet as the base. It is still active today and is considered one of the country's most complete and well-maintained light stations. Tours are available. The first photo is dated 1885.