The La Fonda is located in Santa Fe, NM, and sits on the site of the town’s first inn established in 1607, making it the oldest hotel site in the country’s oldest state capitol. The current structure was built in 1922 following a 1919 WWI bond drive. For the price of a $100 bond, the buyer could drive a tank into the former inn as part of the demolition. From 1926 to 1968 the hotel was operated as one of the famous Harvey House hotel and restaurants. The first photo is from the 1930s.