Built in 1884, the Mineola Hotel in Fox Lake IL. was originally a private club for a few members of the Chicago Board of Trade. It was sold in 1891 and remodeled. The veranda was designed by the same architect who did the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. During Prohibition the Mineola was a hangout for Chicago mobsters, most noteably Al Capone. It is still considered the largest frame building in Illinois, but, sadly, is closed to the public and awaits probable demolition. The first two photos were taken 1911 and 1913 respectively while the Waukegan Bachlors Club photo was taken in 1907.