Located in Washington, DC, the Willard was originally six buildings connected as one in 1860. It boasted telephone service in 1878, movies in 1897, and air conditioning in 1937. The current Willard opened in 1901 and served many dignitaries until closing in 1968. The hotel sat vacant for many years and was nearly demolished. After the owners aligned with the Intercontinental Hotel Group, the Willard underwent extensive renovation and was re-opened in 1986. It received AAA's 4 Star Rating and has maintained that rating every year since. The first photo is dated 1860, the second 1900, the third 1910, and the fifth is from the early 1900s.